Finally, another tutorial that you are waiting for. I had written about lomography & its definition before in the past. And in this post, you learn steps by steps how to create this effect using photoshop and not on a lomo camera.
Hoped you like it.
1. OK First, lets open up a New image
2. Create a new layer. Use the Lasso tool and create an oval selection in the new layer.
3. Inverse the selection (Shift+Ctrl+I).
4. Press Shift+Backspace to open the Fill tool. In the Fill tool, set the contents to USE: Black.
5. Next, do the Deselect (Ctrl+D).
6. Open the Gaussian Blur filter tool, adjust the Radius to blur the edges. Then set the opacity around 70%-80% will produce a good results.
7. Next, we will play with the colour. Lomography is all about the colour. We will do this by making changes to each colour channels.
8. Go to Channel Pallet, select the RED channel. With the red channel selected, use the Brightness/Contrast tool and increase the contrast. The higher you set the contrast, the stronger the color effect will be. One tip to share, by increasing the contrast by 40-50 produced the most best results.
9. Now select the green channel and use the Brightness/Contrast tool to increase the contrast by the same amount you did in the previous step.
10. Lastly, select back the RGB channel……easy as 1 2 3….:)
Below : before the post processing.